Monday 14 December 2009

Daring Cooks: Vegetable en Croute



The 2009 Daring Cooks challenge was hosted by Simone of Junglefrog Cooking. Simone chose Salmon en Croute (or alternative recipes for Beef Wellington or Vegetable en Croute) from Good Food Online.

To be honest for a vegetarian- this recipe needed alot more help! It was really bland- no seasonings in the spinach and just a few thyme leaves in the crust did not save it! I suppose I should of realized this as I was going along but i blithely followed the recipe- hoping that some stilton would be strong in the end... it wasn't- in fact the layering technique was very bad for me hardly room for any cheese- not knowing how big to cut the base circle (we were just instructed 2 circles- one 10cm larger than the other ((which seemed excessive at the end)) left me wondering. I did get it all together though and it looked pretty- it just was not very tasty... bland in fact
Oh well- lets just hope next month is more 'daring' and tastes better!


No comments: