Tuesday 3 March 2009

Daring Bakers: Chocolate Armagnac Cake

Chocolate Amagnac Cake.. aka the cake that got Dori Fired!




I almost didn't make this weeks recipe as we are not really fans of alcohol-ly desserts (and a bottle of Armagnac was £15!), but with some friends leaving town and donating their cooking Brandy to the cause I gave it a try. I mean this cake got someone fired so it must be a wicked little piece of cake.









I've never flambe anything before either, so being the pyro that I am I was psyched to get to light things on fire in the house!



I tried to get some pics of the flaming prunes, but alas you can just see some wierd red halo on the pic below. I was really suprised just how long these flamed for!






The cake baked up just perfect for the minimum stated time. I've had quite a few baking flops recently so it was nice that this one came out so pretty! (no sinking or undercooked middle!)





I must of taken the chocolate glaze off the heat too soon, as mine was always a frosting consistency. But it was damn tasty and it almost looks as pretty as the one in the book!




This was a very sophisticated chocolate cake. Very moist with a complex flavor (should be for using so many mixing bowls!). If I made it again the only change I'd make to the recipe is to sift the confectioners sugar before adding as it gave some tiny lumps!


YUM! Be sure to check out the rest of the TWD bloggers efforts!







Posted by Picasa

No comments: