Thursday 29 January 2009

Daring Baker's Tuiles!

Chocolate Tuiles



This month's challenge is brought to us by Karen of Bake My Day! and Zorra of 1x umrühren bitte aka Kochtopf. They have chosen Tuiles from The Chocolate Book by Angélique Schmeink and Nougatine and Chocolate Tuiles from Michel Roux.







Here's my mom measuring out the almonds... she was promoted to daring sous chef.. but soon demoted when we discovered that the first toasting of almonds was rather black! haha just kidding!



Here's another action shot of my mom spreading the tuiles out. We just used a silicon baking sheet and that went fine.



After a busy week of wedding dress shopping, I've just managed to squeeze in making these Tuiles. Keeping that in mind, I choose the chocolate ones, as the 15 min cooking time really appealed. They were nice but basically still a chocolate bar with toasted almond.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your chocolate tuiles look yummy!

Diana said...

Oooh, I didn't try the chocolate ones. They look really good!

Anonymous said...

I like your strategy for cooling and shaping the tuiles - still on the silpad! Looks great:)

TeaLady said...

Interesint idea on shapping the cookies. I will have to try that one. They look good.