Tuesday 28 April 2009

TWD: Chocolate creme pie

Chocolate Creme Pie

This weeks recipe is almost the exact same as what we did earlier in the month for banana creme pie. I think I can almost safely say I've now got the hang of custard making. The flavor on this was incredibly rich and I think if I had to do it again, I would go with a plain crust just for a (dare I say it) respite from the chocolate attack.. don't get me wrong I freaking love chocolate- but not when its battling on my fork.

Sorry for the terrible pictures, I must of been hurrying to eat this! I made two 4" pies from a half recipe.. they were gobbled up immediately! Be sure to check out the rest of the TWD blogroll for other great pies!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I guess I didn't think this was too rich because of the French Silk Pie that I made, now THAT'S rich! LOL I absolutely was in love with this tart too! So creamy and delish. Even better after a day in the fridge MMMMMMMMM

chocolatechic said...

oh...this was just so good!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Love that mini ... I think your pie is GORGEOUS! That last picture is to die for!

Pamela said...

Oooh...what a luscious picture that last one is! I made mini's too and they were definitely the way to go! Nice job!

TeaLady said...

This was a great tart. And yours loks perfect.

Kayte said...

It looks darling sitting there all by itself in all it's glory. I just love little minis...my teenage boys, however, would just see that as a one bite wonder...LOL. Great job!
Kayte
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com

snicketmom said...

I think your pictures are fine and your little tart looks great. I am feeling better now about making the custards too. No more fear of tempering. :)

Unknown said...

Your mini looks amazing! I made it with the sweet tart dough instead of the chocolate crust and I was definitely glad because the chocolate custard is so rich!