Saturday 27 June 2009

Daring Bakers: Bakewell tart


Wow, I almost forgot this month's daring bakers challenge. The bakewell tart- having lived in the UK for 3+ years now I can say before making this I'd never had any interest in those icing sugar covered mc donald looking cherry pies from Kiplings.

This recipe thankfully produced nothing like that. First off I must give it lots of points for being very quick to put together! (I was reading though some of my fav. blogs and noticed lots of postings!)

The recipe was pretty foolproof and tasted great. The June Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Jasmine of Confessions of a Cardamom Addict and Annemarie of Ambrosia and Nectar. They chose a Traditional (UK) Bakewell Tart... er... pudding that was inspired by a rich baking history dating back to the 1800's in England.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Daring Bakers tarts!






Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh....I love your little individual treat. Looks very delish!

Anonymous said...

Your little tart looks gorgeous!

jasmine said...

I *love* your description of Mr. K's tarts. Glad you liked the recipe.

Thanks for participating.
j