Tuesday 16 June 2009

TWD: Honey Peach Ice cream

Honey Peach Ice Cream

Please ignore that slab of cake and focus on the glorious peachy ice cream.

I recently got the ice cream attachment for my Kenwood Chef and man is it ever my favorite toy now! Making your own ice cream is pretty easy- just need to give things time to cool down and then chuck into the machine for a good freeze churn. I really liked this recipe. The honey taste was super strong - more so than the peach, perhaps due to icky British no properly ripe peaches or maybe due to the recipe putting half of the peaches in as frozen chunks. While this was good I probably wouldn't make it again, but if I did all the peaches would be pureed.

Be sure to check out the rest of the TWD blogroll!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

I agree with you about pureeing all of the peaches next time around. I liked that about the ice cream. And it looks like that cake turned out quite nicely, too!

sporkorfoon said...

After reading the P & Q, I pureed the peaches like crazy! hahaha! Sorry you weren't crazy about it! But it looks great (and so does that cake!)

chocolatechic said...

I'm with you.

I stick with chocolate.

Anonymous said...

I think my ice cream maker is my new favorite toy now too! It was really easy to make (except for the custard part for me) and I can't wait to try something else!
Your glorious peachy ice cream looks delicious sitting next to that slab of cake I'm trying to ignore!

Hindy said...

Hey, I'm eating that exact same piece of cake right now! It's good, but the ice cream was better. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Your ice cream looks great. Too bad you couldn't really taste the peaches.

Leslie said...

Congrats on your new ice cream attachment! I agree, pureeing all of the peaches is the way to go.

TeaLady said...

Ice cream looks velvety.

And that's not PP cake is it??? Yeah, I made mine early too.

But I did't see it here....dn